How to View Your Decision When Available
By the end of January, students who applied for the First-Year Early Action deadline can expect to receive their decision unless they are otherwise notified. Here are a few tips on how to view your decision when it’s available in Connect Carolina.
Note: ConnectCarolina will be unavailable the evening of Thursday, January 26 from 5:00 pm until 12:00 am. During this time, you will be unable to create your GUEST ID and reset your password to log into Connect Carolina.
- Go to https://connectcarolina.unc.edu/.
- Click on Login to ConnectCarolina Student Center.
- Login with your Guest ID. If you do not have a Guest ID, please follow the email instructions we sent to you. If you do not have these instructions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under Admissions, click on “Click here to view your decision in a new window. Please make sure popup-blocking software is disabled.”
In order to view your decision, please note that, if applicable, the pop-up blocker feature on your browser must be disabled.
- Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then select Internet options
- On the Privacy tab, under Pop-up Blocker, select or clear the Turn on Pop-up Blocker check box, and then select OK.
- On the right side of the Toolbar, click the wrench
- Go to the Tools tab.
- To allow pop-ups, uncheck the box next to “Pop-up blocker.”
- Click Save.
- Click the menu button and choose Options.
- Select Content from the left side navigation.
- In the content panel:
• Block pop-up windows: Uncheck this to disable the pop-up blocker altogether.
- On the AOL Toolbar, click the Blocking Pop-ups icon, then click Turn Pop-up Controls Off.
• Note: The Pop-Up Blocker icon will display a green light symbol over a white window to indicate that you have enabled pop-ups on all websites.
- Click on the Yahoo Toolbar’s popup blocker icon option arrow. This arrow is pointing down beside of the popup blocker icon.
- Click on “Enable Pop-up Blocker” to uncheck.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under “Privacy,” click Content settings.
- Under “Pop-ups,” select an option:
• Allow all sites to show pop-ups
- Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Security.
- Select “Block pop-up windows,” then deselect Allow WebGL and Allow Plug-ins.
Or, for an older version of Safari, try
- Open Safari
- Click on the Safari Menu
- Uncheck “Block Pop-Up Windows”