< To Apply


Welcome back. We’ve missed you.

If you withdrew from the University or failed to complete a semester and wish to re-enroll as a regular, full-time student, you should apply for readmission. Additionally, if you left the University with an academic deficiency, such as an insufficient GPA, you must restore your eligibility to be readmitted as a regular, full-time student. Learn more about eligibility for readmission.

If your academic ineligibility is due to an insufficient GPA, then you must raise your GPA by enrolling in additional Carolina courses to restore your eligibility. You may:

Students who complete summer courses on campus with satisfactory grades will be eligible to continue their studies at UNC without further action. Students completing Carolina Courses Online will need to apply for readmission to be eligible to take courses on campus during the fall, spring, or summer sessions.

To learn more about academic eligibility and resources the University offers to promote student success, please visit Supporting Student Success at Carolina.

  • A student leaving the University for psychological or disciplinary reasons must complete the readmission application and have clearance from either Counseling and Psychological Services or the Office of the Dean of Students as appropriate before being readmitted. Students leaving the University for medical reasons must also complete the readmission application but do not need to be cleared by Campus Health Services. Students withdrawing due to deployment and or military training will also need to complete an application for readmission.

Please read our Readmission fact sheet and FAQs for additional information about Readmission. If you have additional questions, please contact us at rad@admissions.unc.edu.

Female student studies on bench under flowering tree on UNC campus
Student studies on stone bench surrounding fountain