Honoring C-STEP Graduates
Congratulations to our new graduates! This May, we held our inaugural commencement to celebrate the 43 C-STEP students graduating from Carolina this spring. The ceremony was held at Jackson Hall and the event featured three student speakers – Isai Garcia-Baza, David Restrepo, and Zach Johnson- each reflecting on their C-STEP experience. Steve Farmer, Vice Provost for Enrollment and Admissions, also addressed the graduates followed by C-STEP Director Becky Egbert who made closing remarks. Toward the end of the ceremony, the C-STEP staff presented graduates with special C-STEP honor cords and a small gift as they walked across the stage in front of friends and family. We would like to offer our graduates our warmest wishes for amazing opportunities to come your way, and for success in whatever you do.
We are also happy to announce that we have 93 new participants in the C-STEP Program. These students will be completing their Associates degree at our partner community colleges and then transferring to Carolina in two years.
Welcome Program & Transfer Orientation
This summer, we’ve been hosting our annual C-STEP Welcome Program for C-STEP students entering their first semester at Carolina. The program provides students with:
- An introduction to the University
- Opportunities to get to know their fellow classmates through team building exercises
- The experience of living on campus through an overnight stay at a residence hall
Following the program, C-STEP students join transfer student orientation to learn more about life at Carolina and to meet with an academic advisor and other transfer students. So far, we’ve hosted 78 C-STEP students this summer. Welcome new Tar Heels!
Mark your Calendar
- C-STEP Fall Kick Off: September 29, 2017 We are pleased to announce that on September 29th we will have our C-STEP Fall Kick Off. All C-STEP students and partners are invited. All C-STEP students, both at our partner community colleges and at Carolina, as well as our campus partners are invited.
- C-STEP application deadlines: October 1, ,2017 and April 1, 2018. Are you a low-to-moderate income high school student planning to continue your education at one of our current partner schools? Would you like to transfer to Carolina upon completion of your associate degree? If you fit any of these criteria, C-STEP may be right for you. Learn more about the program here.
- Transfer Etiquette Dinner: November 2, 2017 If you are a current C-STEP student at Carolina and want to learn the fine points of business etiquette, then you may be interested in this upcoming opportunity. We’ll cover topics such as tipping, introductions, dining etiquette and more during this event. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis; our maximum capacity is 56 students. Dinner is free of charge.
If you would like to have more information about this event please contact Shane Hale (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Becky Egbert (email@example.com)