Transfer Enrollment Checklist
Received your admit letter and ready to transfer? Great! Here’s a quick checklist of steps to follow to officially become a Carolina student/Tar-Heel.
- Right away: (the Only Name You’ll Ever Need) to access your UNC email account and other UNC services. Visit onyen.unc.edu, and click on “Create or Manage ONYEN.” You’ll be asked if you have a UNC Guest ID. If you do, click “yes” and enter your information. If you don’t have a Guest ID, click “no.” You’ll then be prompted to enter your UNC PID (Personal Identification Number), which was included at the bottom of your online decision communication, along with other important personal information. After entering this information, you’ll be immediately presented with an ONYEN and will be given the opportunity to modify it (if you choose) and create a confidential password. Please note that your UNC Guest ID (the username you used when applying for admission) will expire after your ONYEN is created.
- NOTE ON PIDS: If you did not record your PID when you viewed your online decision, no worries. You may still access your PID through the online PID Office Lookup website. And if you applied for financial aid, you will need your ONYEN to access your financial aid award information. You’ll need to pay your enrollment deposit and create your ONYEN before you can access the housing application and orientation registration.
- If you haven’t yet: Submit the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE for financial aid consideration.
- As soon as you pay your deposit: Watch Academic Advising’s Transfer Module to better understand our transfer credit, our curriculum, and how to register for courses. After watching the module, register for classes and schedule a meeting with an academic advisor to discuss your academic plan.
- As soon as possible: Submit official score reports for any AP or IB tests for which you wish to receive by-exam credit. Find out if your scores qualify for credit by viewing our test placement tables.
- May 15: Deadline for all transfer students to enroll at Carolina and pay your $250 deposit. We encourage you to enroll online, but if you prefer to respond by mail, you may download an electronic copy of the reply form and mail it to us (postmarked no later than May 15).
- May 16: Laptop order deadline. Learn more about CCI computers and click here to order.
- May 27: Deadline to complete and mail back the Transfer Student Community Standards Form. You’ll receive a Transfer Student Community Standards Form in your admitted student packet in the mail. You may also download an electronic copy of the form. (Note for first-year students: this specific form is for transfer students only.)
- June 1: Orientation registration deadline. Learn more about orientation and click here to register.
- June 10: Final transcript submission to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Be sure to also submit your AP credit.
- June 15 (health information): Immunization and health history form deadline. Learn more about UNC Campus Health, then click here to complete the immunization forms.
- June 15 (housing): Housing application deadline. Learn more about housing options. When you’re ready to apply, click here to access MyHousing.
- August 19-20: Move into your residence hall; meet your neighbors! Exact move-in dates are based on your residence hall assignment and last name. You’ll receive a move-in guide with more information. Rest assured, you’ll have plenty of time to settle in before classes begin!
———— AUGUST 23: FALL SEMESTER BEGINS! DRINK FROM THE OLD WELL FOR GOOD LUCK. ———
- September 12: Student Health Insurance enrollment or waiver due through Campus Health.
Carolina Computing Initiative (CCI), 919-843-8224
Campus Health, email@example.com, 919-966-2281
Cashier’s Office (Student Account Services for tuition payment), firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-962-1368
Dining Services, email@example.com, 800-UNCMEAL
Housing, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-962-5401
ITS HelpDesk (technological issues), 919-962-HELP
New Student and Carolina Parent Programs (Orientation), email@example.com, 919-962-8304
Scholarships and Student Aid, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-962-8396
Transfer Student Services, email@example.com, 919-843-2987