Dr. Seuss had it right about the places you’ll go.
With more than 300 study abroad programs spanning 70 countries, it’s no surprise that Carolina is consistently recognized as a leader among public research universities for the number of students adding stamps to their passports.
Studying abroad is so much more than an academic path; it’s a life-changing experience. You’ll meet all different kinds of people, improve your language skills, learn adaptability and gain experience negotiating across social, cultural and political boundaries – all of which are invaluable skills in today’s global economy. Want to travel to Australia to learn about transport planning in Sydney, take a summer to study at a rural health clinic in India or spend a few months in Jordan perfecting your Arabic? Great! Pack your bags and go.
A selection of current programs and partnerships includes:
- Lorenzo de Medici Institute, Florence, Italy
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Center for Wildlife Studies, Nairobi Park, Kenya
- Kings College, London
- The Center for Sustainable Development Studies, La Presa, Costa Rica
- UNC Summer Program in Oxford, England
- University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica Argentina, Buenos Aires
- UNC in Montpellier, Montpellier, France
- National University of Singapore
- American University in Cairo, Cairo, Egypt
- UNC in Seville, Seville, Spain
You can apply to study abroad any time after your first year, and you can choose from year-long, semester-long and summer programs. Just don’t forget to send us a postcard.
Another resource that might help is Embark Carolina, which is part of the University’s effort to open access to global opportunities so that more diverse students can pursue more diverse experiences. Explore the Global Guide to help you find an opportunity and search the Funding Finder to help you fund it.