Maps, Directions and Accommodations
Our information sessions are held in a variety of on-campus locations. Please check your confirmation email prior to arrival to confirm your event location.
P A R K I N G
* Street Closure: A utility improvement project will require the closure of a segment of South Road beginning May 15, 2017, through Aug. 4, 2017. During this period, South Road will be closed to through traffic between UNC Student Stores and Raleigh Street. Therefore, we encourage you to allow for extra time to find parking and to check-in.
George Watts Hill Alumni Center: 106 Stadium Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. If your session is at this location, we strongly suggest parking in Rams Head Parking Deck.
Jackson Hall (Office of Undergraduate Admissions): If your session is in this location, please note the following parking options:
Rams Head Parking Deck – 330 Ridge Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- A 15 minute walk from our office, this garage offers parking for $1.50 per hour. Cash and credit are accepted.
Visitor Parking Spaces – 174 Country Club Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- There are 12 visitor parking spaces, directly in front of Jackson Hall. These spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis. If you are able to park in one of our Visitor Parking Spaces, please retrieve a Visitor Parking Permit from the front desk in Jackson Hall.
- Along Country Club Road, there are also metered spaces. We are unable to provide parking permits for metered spaces. If you park in a metered space, please pay at a pay station using quarters or a credit card. The pay station does not accept bills. The parking rate at metered spaces is $1.50 per hour.
Visitor (Highway 54) Parking Lot – 580 Raleigh Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- An 8 minute walk from our office, this large lot offers parking to guests for $1.50 per hour. Cash and credit are accepted.
School Bus Parking Instructions
Buses that are accompanying groups of 10- 50 students visiting UNC may park in one of two locations, both indicated by a red circle on the following map: Directions and Parking (Updated 8.16.16).
One bus space is available at the corner of Boundary Street and Battle Lane on a first-come, first-served basis. This space converts into permit parking after 12 pm. Bus parking is also available in the travel lane directly in front of the Smith Center (on Skipper Bowles drive). Neither option requires a permit. Please drop your group off at Jackson Hall before parking your bus at the Dean Smith Center. Please also be sure to arrange a meeting time and place for the bus to pick up your group following your visit.
Visiting campus and looking for a place to stay for the night? There are a number of options available, with hotels in Chapel Hill and Carrboro all close to campus. For options in the Chapel Hill area, we recommend checking out the Visitors Center website. The only hotel available on campus is the Carolina Inn. Book now and receive a 15% discount. No matter where you stay, rest assured, you’ll enjoy a pleasant stay and good ole Southern hospitality.