Carolina Global Launch Admitted Student Checklist
Welcome to Carolina Global Launch! Ready to make things official?
While You’re Deciding
- Get to know your new classmates through special experiences created just for you.
Stay Up-To-Date On Financial Aid for Your Spring Semester at Carolina
- Apply for financial aid if you haven’t already.
- Set up your official UNC username and email so that you’ll be able to view your financial aid package and stay in touch with us to receive important updates.
- Log into your ConnectCarolina Student Center with your username. This is where you’ll view your financial aid package when it’s available.
Accept Your Place in Carolina Global Launch in MyCarolina
- By May 1, officially confirm your participation in the program in MyCarolina and pay your $1,475 non-refundable deposit.
- Read and sign the Carolina Global Launch Agreement with your parent or guardian in MyCarolina.
- Make your preliminary course selection. You’ll craft your final schedule in late summer before enrolling in courses. If you’d like to speak with an advisor as you’re considering your course selections, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Electronically sign the reply form.
After You Accept Your Place
I can achieve great things if I take the initiative, take a chance, and just do it.
- Create your UNC email address. We’ll be sending communications about Carolina Global Launch to your UNC email address. So be sure to create this email address and regularly check it.
- Set up your PIN. To help protect your privacy, you’ll set up a unique number that helps you connect with offices across campus.
- Honor code. If you’ve had any school-based disciplinary incidents or criminal charges, excluding any that have been expunged, since applying for admission, email us at email@example.com.
- Academic Preparation
- Test scores. If you’d like college credit by exam, send us your official scores via the respective testing service ASAP. See if your scores qualify for credit.
- Math placement. You’ll need to take testing before the end of high school to fulfill the math requirement and gain placement into math courses at Carolina.
- Language placement. See what language tests you’ll need to take to receive credit and place into language classes at Carolina. UNC language placement tests will be available beginning mid-April.
- Upload a copy of your passport. If you don’t have a valid passport, you’ll be able to upload it later. However, it’s essential for you to apply for or renew your passport as soon as possible to ensure you can enroll.
- Register for pre-departure orientations. These required sessions (one virtual and one in Chapel Hill) will be held this summer. We’ll send additional information in the coming weeks.
- Submit required forms. Review important information and submit required forms to Academic Programs International (API). This includes your housing form, code of conduct, and flight form.
- Order your laptop. You’ll be required to have a laptop and can order one through the Carolina Computing Initiative.
- Maintain your health insurance. The UNC Study Abroad Office and API will enroll you in international health and accident insurance coverage prior to your departure. You must also maintain your U.S. healthcare plan while abroad to avoid any interruption in your coverage.
- Make plans to get vaccinated. UNC-Chapel Hill strongly encourages participants to be fully vaccinated before travelling whenever possible.
- Submit final transcripts. By July 14, provide official copies of your final high school transcript and transcripts for any college coursework. View instructions in MyCarolina.
- Attend pre-departure orientation. These virtual sessions will take place in July. You’ll receive helpful information as you prepare for your time abroad. We’ll be in touch about these sessions in the coming weeks.
- Submit payment. Full program costs may be paid through ConnectCarolina. We’ll share the due date for these costs soon. You should receive your billing statements for tuition, fees, and program costs in July.
- Attend Carolina Global Launch Orientation. This in-person event will take place in early August on Carolina’s campus. You’ll have the opportunity to connect with campus resources such as academic advising before you join us in the spring.
Travel to your global destination! We’ll confirm the specific arrival date in early summer.
University of Stirling
- Arrive early September
University of Limerick
- Arrive mid-September
University of Granada
- Arrive late September
- Check in. Continue to check MyCarolina and ConnectCarolina for updates from campus.
- Apply for housing. If you have a disability or medical condition, you may request an accommodation through the Office of Accessibility Resources and Service.
- Attend an academic advising webinar in early October.
Submit immunization and health history forms. By November 15, you’ll submit these forms to UNC Campus Health. These forms will be available in ConnectCarolina by late October.
- Sign up for spring orientation.
- Register for your spring courses at Carolina in November.
- Waive or enroll in UNC student health insurance.
- Sign up for your optional meal plan.