While You’re Deciding
Stay Up-To-Date On Financial Aid
- Apply for financial aid if you haven’t already. Be sure to pay attention to deadlines.
- Set up your official UNC username and email so that you’ll be able to view your financial aid offer and stay in touch with us to receive important updates.
- Once you receive email notification of your financial aid offer, log into ConnectCarolina. Click the Student Center tile and navigate to “View Financial Aid Award.”
Share Important Details
- We need your accurate Social Security Number (SSN). If you didn’t provide it on your application, please share it with us in your ConnectCarolina Student Center.
- Sometimes we need more information to complete your financial aid offer. If we do, we’ll note this in your ConnectCarolina To-Do List, so check there regularly.
- Enroll by May 1 in MyCarolina. You’ll officially be a Tar Heel once you accept your offer of admission and pay your $250 non-refundable deposit.
- If you’re an international student, look out for information from International Student and Scholar Services and be sure to check your ConnectCarolina Student Center and upload any required documents.
I was in a Jersey Mikes when I read my acceptance letter, and I got so excited that I started to cry over my BLT.
- Set up your PIN. To help protect your privacy, you’ll set up a unique number that helps you connect with offices across campus.
- Honor code. If you’ve had any school-based disciplinary incidents or criminal charges, excluding any that have been expunged, since applying for admission, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Preparation
- Test scores. If you’d like college credit by exam, send us your official scores via the respective testing service ASAP. See if your scores qualify for credit.
- Math placement. You’ll need to take testing before the end of high school to fulfill the math requirement and gain placement into math courses at Carolina.
- Language placement. See what language tests you’ll need to take to receive credit and place into language classes at Carolina.
- Review your credit. Once you receive your credit evaluation from our office, use the Tar Heel Tracker ‘What If’ Tool to see how your credits fulfill requirements for Carolina’s IDEAs in Action curriculum.
- Provide official copies of your final high school transcript and transcripts for any college coursework. View instructions in MyCarolina.