Consider this opportunity if:
You want to teach future generations.
The Pre-Master of Arts in Teaching Program at the UNC School of Education is designed to prepare candidates for an initial teaching license in North Carolina and includes a year-long residency in a public school setting. Students learn to serve and challenge today’s diverse student populations through a variety of contexts.
- Early conditional enrollment in the School’s Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program. Official acceptance and enrollment in the program is dependent upon meeting Graduate School admissions requirements.
- Automatic enrollment into the very popular and competitive minor in education, offering you the opportunity to pursue your interest in education with other students of varied backgrounds across campus.
- Enrollment in the First Year Seminar “School Daze: What’s School Got to do with Getting an Education?” (EDUC 065, offered spring semesters)
- Participation in monthly social and educational gatherings with faculty members and education students, including your Assured Enrollment program peers.
- Priority access to the School of Education’s undergraduate advisor for the Bachelor’s/MAT, as well as other majors.
- Priority registration for graduate-level foundational courses that transfer into the MAT.