Consider this opportunity if:
You want to understand and solve issues with air, water, soil, climate change, and other environmental factors that affect human health.
First-year students, applying Early Action
The UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health is the top public school of public health. Our mission is to improve public health, promote individual well-being, and eliminate health inequities across North Carolina and around the world.
- Assured enrollment into the small and highly selective BSPH program in Environmental Health Sciences (provided the student maintains a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA and completes all program pre-requisites with a C or better).
- Participation in social, service and professional development events specifically designed for students in the Gillings School’s Assured Admission Program.
- Communications from the Gillings School and Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering announcing relevant academic and non-academic events and opportunities.
- Priority enrollment in SPHG 101 Introduction to Public Health, ENVR 205 Engineering Tools for Environmental Problem Solving, and ENVR 630 Systems Biology in Environmental Health.
- Mentorship from an Environmental Health Sciences faculty member.
First-year students who take advantage of this program are under no obligation to pursue a degree in Environmental Health Sciences if their interests lead them elsewhere. All of the skills learned and knowledge gained through this program are transferable into other areas.