Health Policy and Management
Consider this opportunity if:
You enjoy working on teams and want to ensure people have access to the resources they need to be healthy, such as quality, affordable health care.
First-year students, applying Early Action
The UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health is the top public school of public health. Our mission is to improve public health, promote individual well-being, and eliminate health inequities across North Carolina and around the world.
- Assured enrollment into the small and highly selective BSPH program in Health Policy and Management (provided the student maintains a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA and completes all program pre-requisites with a C or better).
- Participation in social, service and professional development events specifically designed for students in the Gillings School’s Assured Enrollment Program.
- Communications from the Gillings School and Department of Health Policy and Management announcing relevant academic and non-academic events and opportunities.
- Priority enrollment in SPHG 101 (Introduction to Public Health).
- Mentorship from a Health Policy and Management faculty member.
- Peer advising from a current Health Policy and Management major.
First-year students who take advantage of this program are under no obligation to pursue a degree in Health Policy and Management if their interests lead them elsewhere. All of the skills learned and knowledge gained through this program are transferable into other areas.