Consider this opportunity if:
You love science and want to learn more about the social and behavioral aspects of eating and the role of nutrition in health and disease.
First-year students, applying Early Action
The UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health is the top public school of public health. Our mission is to improve public health, promote individual well-being, and eliminate health inequities across North Carolina and around the world.
The program includes:
- Assured enrollment into the highly selective BSPH program in Nutrition (provided the student maintains a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA and completes all program pre-requisites with a C or better).
- Participation in social, service and professional development events specifically designed for students in the Gillings School’s Assured Enrollment Program.
- Communications from the Gillings School and Department of Nutrition announcing relevant academic and non-academic events and opportunities.
- Priority enrollment in SPHG 101 (Introduction to Public Health).
- Priority enrollment in NUTR 175 (Introduction to Food Studies: From Science to Society).
- Priority enrollment in NUTR 240 (Introduction to Human Nutrition).
- Peer advising from a current Nutrition major.
First-year students who take advantage of this program are under no obligation to pursue a degree in Nutrition if their interests lead them elsewhere. All of the skills learned and knowledge gained through this program are transferable into other areas.