Consider this opportunity if:
- You want to use the resources at Carolina in partnership with your community to find solutions to persistent challenges across regions of the South.
- You want to use storytelling, music, or art to connect people and share the culture, history, and values of communities in the American South.
- You want to conduct research that amplifies the voices, knowledge, and stories of the people who live in your community.
New undergraduate students, both first-year and transfer, with an interest in contributing to the future prosperity of communities in the American South. Students interested in all majors are welcome.
- A one-time award of $5,000 to conduct mentored research, creative discovery, or service through Southern Futures during the summer after your first, second, or third year at Carolina.
- Courses and programs that foster an understanding of the relationship between the American South and the world.
- Connections and collaboration with students and faculty across all academic majors.