School of Education
School of Education – Application Instructions for Junior Transfers
Welcome to the webpage for applicants interested in applying for a Bachelor of Arts in Education. The following programs are available to students coming to UNC-Chapel Hill as junior transfer students in Fall 2018:
Please note, the UNC Baccalaureate Education in Science and Teaching (UNC BEST) and Music Education programs do not accept outside transfer applicants. Students must be admitted into Carolina, establish a grade point average based on Carolina courses, and successfully complete two courses on the Chapel Hill campus in the subject they are interested in teaching before they can apply to the UNC BEST or Music Education programs.
Submit the Common Application, Supplement, official transcripts, and application fee by February 19, 2018. Students will be notified of a decision by mid-April 2018.
To apply for admission, follow these steps:
- Go to the Common Application to create an account and start your application.
- Submit the Common Application, the Common Application supplement, and application fee by the deadline above.
- Upload your response to the following question: “Why are you interested in pursuing the Human development and Family Studies major?” in your School of Education Common Application supplement.
- Submit official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools to:
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Jackson Hall, Campus Box 2200
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-2200
- After you submit your application, you will receive instructions for creating your ConnectCarolina Student Center account, which will allow you to view the status of your application, including your admission decision. Be sure to check your ConnectCarolina Student Center frequently for important application updates.
Should you have any questions about the application process or program, please contact:
School of Education
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Peabody Hall, Campus Box 3500
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599-3500