< To Transfer Credit

Non-U.S. Institutions

You’ve come a long way. We can’t wait to take you even farther.

Students apply to Carolina from post-secondary institutions around the world, and if you’re one of these students, we welcome your application. You may be able to transfer your previous coursework to Carolina, but we do require that you have your official transcripts evaluated by an accredited evaluation service. If you are admitted and choose to enroll, this evaluation is mandatory. This evaluation helps us better understand your previous coursework and award you proper credit upon your enrollment at Carolina.

Starting with students enrolling for Fall 2017, we require students have this evaluation completed by World Education Services (WES). Once you’ve had your transcripts evaluated, please send both an original copy of your transcript along with the course-by-course evaluation of credit to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Test Credit.
We award placement and course credit for many AP, IB, and A-Level scores. To have this credit awarded, please send an official score report to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Placement credit is generally awarded at the beginning of the fall semester. It is helpful to bring all score reports to your orientation session so they may be considered as you plan your first-semester coursework.

Learn more about test credit.

Person Hall at UNC Chapel Hill