While You’re Deciding
Stay Up-To-Date On Financial Aid
- Apply for financial aid if you haven’t already.
- Set up your official UNC username and email so that you’ll be able to view your financial aid package and stay in touch with us to receive important updates.
- Once you’ve applied for financial aid, log into ConnectCarolina. Click the Student Center tile, navigate to “View Financial Aid Award,” and select Aid Year/Term “2022 Fall/Spring”.
Share Important Details
- We need your accurate Social Security Number (SSN). If you didn’t provide it on your application, please share it with us in your ConnectCarolina Student Center.
- Sometimes we need more information to complete your financial aid offer. If we do, we’ll note this in your ConnectCarolina To-Do List, so check there regularly.
- Enroll by May 1 in MyCarolina. You’ll officially be a Tar Heel once you accept your offer of admission and pay your $250 non-refundable deposit.
- If you’re an international student, look out for information from International Student and Scholar Services and be sure to check your ConnectCarolina Student Center and upload any required documents.
I was in a Jersey Mikes when I read my acceptance letter, and I got so excited that I started to cry over my BLT.
- Set up your PIN. To help protect your privacy, you’ll set up a unique number that helps you connect with offices across campus.
- Honor code. If you’ve had any school-based disciplinary incidents or criminal charges, excluding any that have been expunged, since applying for admission, email us at email@example.com.
- Academic Preparation
- Test scores. If you’d like college credit by exam, send us your official scores via the respective testing service ASAP. See if your scores qualify for credit.
- Math placement. You’ll need to take testing before the end of high school to fulfill the math requirement and gain placement into math courses at Carolina.
- Language placement. See what language tests you’ll need to take to receive credit and place into language classes at Carolina. Placement tests will be available beginning May 7.
- Provide official copies of your final high school transcript and transcripts for any college coursework. View instructions in MyCarolina.