As a CIHS student, should I apply as a first-year or transfer applicant? Is it easier to be admitted as one or the other?

If you’re graduating from a Cooperative Innovative High School in North Carolina and earning an associate of arts degree or an associate of science degree simultaneously with your high school diploma, you have the choice of applying to UNC-Chapel Hill as either a first-year or a transfer student. Which you choose is entirely up to you: whether you apply as a first-year or a transfer student, we’ll consider your application carefully and take into account everything we know about you.