Thank you for your interest in the undergraduate business program at the Kenan-Flagler Business School. Students in the business major gain knowledge from practical, action-based learning. Our dynamic hands-on simulations, business projects and capstone courses provide numerous opportunities to learn by doing. Our world-class professors partner with successful business leaders to guide and coach students to think critically and creatively; to work collaboratively; and to identify and enhance their personal strengths. For additional program information, please click here.
The Direct Transfer process is only available to junior transfer applicants. Sophomore transfer students must apply directly to the College of Arts and Sciences. Once at UNC, they will have the option of applying to the business major or minor with other UNC sophomores.
Junior Transfer applicants must meet the University’s requirements for admission prior to being considered for direct admission to the undergraduate business program at UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School. Supplemental consideration for the business major is based on the following criteria:
- Impactful extra-curricular engagement and/or community involvement
- Motivation for business, focused career direction and relevant experience
- Professionalism (written and oral communication skills)
- Academic performance and pre-requisite progression (students should enter UNC with credit for all but one pre-requisite course)
Business Pre-Requisite Courses
Admission to the business major is contingent upon the successful completion of all business pre-requisite courses (C or better) or equivalent transfer credit for the following:
- Calculus (MATH 152 or MATH 231 or STOR 113)
- ECON 101 Introduction to Economics (Hybrid Macro and Micro Course)
- STOR 155 Introduction to Statistics
- BUSI 102 Financial Accounting
- ECON 410 Intermediate Micro-Economics
Students planning to complete their degree within 4 academic semesters at UNC, must transfer all but ECON 410 into UNC. Students will not gain full access to register for business core or elective courses until all requirements have been complete. If planning to take business courses in the fall semester, students are encouraged to consider taking ECON 410 at UNC over the summer prior to entry.
Transfer or Test/Placement Credit
All transfer and placement credit is approved through UNC’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions. If you are admitted, that office will provide you with a complete transfer credit report prior to the enrollment deadline. In the meantime, to estimate eligibility access the transfer equivalency tables, and carefully review the General Rules for Transfer Credit. Unfortunately, we cannot provide estimates or guarantees beyond what is provided there.
Submit Common Application, Supplement, and application fee by February 15. Students will be notified of a decision by mid-April.
To apply for admission, follow these steps:
- Go to the Common Application to create an account and start your application: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill>Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Submit the Common Application, including the business supplemental requirements, and application fee by the February 15 deadline.
- Submit official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools to:
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Jackson Hall, Campus Box 2200
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-2200
- After you submit your application, you will receive instructions for creating your MyCarolina account, which will allow you to view the status of your application, including your admission decision. Be sure to check your MyCarolina account frequently for important application updates.
If you have questions about the undergraduate business program or the supplemental business administration application requirements, please contact us at the Kenan-Flagler Business School at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other general admission or application questions should be directed to UNC Undergraduate Admissions.