Current Students

After your first semester at Carolina, you can have additional transfer credit applied toward your UNC degree.

Course Pre-Approvals

Planning to take courses at another college or university? Here’s what you’ll need to know about applying those credits at Carolina.


Submitting Your Request

  • Please complete our course evaluation form. All requests are handled electronically, so there’s no need to visit individual academic departments.
  • We’ll provide a preliminary credit evaluation within seven business days.
  • We strongly recommend completing this form and discussing the resulting transfer equivalency with your academic advisor before taking the class, so you’ll understand how the course will fit into your curriculum.
  • Only submit a course approval requests for the term in which you plan to take and complete the course.

Credit Re-evaluation

If you’ve already received an evaluation of transfer credit, but you wish to petition an academic department for additional credit or believe an error was made, you may ask for a credit re-evaluation. You may request a re-evaluation for courses that:

  • Were awarded general elective credit (GENR),
  • Were awarded credit but were assigned no specific course number, or
  • Were rejected for credit.
      • Please complete a re-evaluation request through your ConnectCarolina Student Center.
      • You must be currently enrolled as a student and have run your Tar Heel Tracker within the past 30 days.
      • To run your Tar Heel Tracker:
      • After running your Tar Heel Tracker, locate the “Other Academic” drop-down box.
      • Select “Manage Transfer Credit Re-eval.”
      • Select the “Submit a Transfer Credit Re-evaluation eForm.”
    • We recommend submitting requests by these deadlines to receive a credit decision before the associated registration window or term starting date. We encourage students to submit their requests as early as possible. If you have not heard back by the deadline, please reach out to the specific academic department.

      Submission Deadlines

      • Request submitted by June 1
        • Receive your credit decision by the first day of fall classes.
      • Request submitted by October 1
        • Receive your credit decision by spring registration.
      • Request submitted by February 1
        • Receive your credit decision by fall registration.
      • Request submitted by February 15
        • Receive your credit decision by summer registration.
      • Log into your Student Center in ConnectCarolina
      • Locate the “Other academic” drop-down box and select “Manage Transfer Credit Re-eval”
      • Select the “View a Transfer Credit Re-evaluation eForm” link
      • Select the request you want to view from a list of all requests you have submitted
      • You can continue to submit reevaluation requests for as long as you’re enrolled at the university.
      • You can submit your most important courses first (prerequisites and those affecting the next registration period), saving any remaining courses to submit at a later date when the request system is typically less busy – usually December, February, or March.
      • Do not submit this form for courses listed as “In Progress” (IP) on your transfer credit evaluation. We cannot re-evaluate these courses until we’ve received your final transcript.
      • Re-evaluation requests submitted from May through August may not be processed until late August due to the high volume of requests.
      • History courses: Students submitting a history course for re-evaluation should read the history transfer credit information.
      • Business courses: Read the business school transfer credits guidelines.
      • English composition/writing courses: The ENGL 105 program requests that if you took more than one writing, composition, and rhetoric course (at any number of institutions) that you submit all courses together on a single request with all syllabi attached. Students planning to request ENGL 105 credit should read this prior to submitting.
      • Computer science courses: These courses require the submission of assignments (directions from the instructor, not the finished assignment) to be submitted in addition to the course syllabus.
      • Submit an official transcript once you complete the course.  Please send it by mail to our office address or electronically via Docufide, Avow, Scrip-Safe/E-Scrip, Scoir, Common Application, Coalition, CFNC, Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse.