Spring Enrollment Checklist
Welcome to Carolina! Ready to make things official?
While You’re Deciding
Stay Up-To-Date On Financial Aid
- Apply for financial aid if you haven’t already. Be sure to pay attention to deadlines.
- Set up your official UNC username and email so that you’ll be able to view your financial aid offer and stay in touch with us to receive important updates.
- Once you receive an email notification of your financial aid offer, log into ConnectCarolina. Click the Student Center tile, navigate to “View Financial Aid Award.”
Share Important Details
- We need your accurate Social Security Number (SSN). If you didn’t provide it on your application, please share it with us in your ConnectCarolina Student Center.
- Sometimes we need more information to complete your financial aid offer. If we do, we’ll note this in your ConnectCarolina To-Do List, so check there regularly.
Stay Tuned For Your Credit Evaluation (Transfer Students)
- After you receive your admissions decision, if you’re an incoming transfer student, we’ll email you your credit evaluation as soon as possible.
- Review our general rules about how credit is awarded.
- If you’d like college credit by exam, send us your official scores via the respective testing service ASAP. See if your scores qualify for credit.
- If your coursework was completed at a university outside of the United States, we’ll only be able to complete your transfer credit evaluation after we’ve received your required transcript evaluation by World Education Services, Inc.
- Enroll by December 19 in MyCarolina. You’ll officially be a Tar Heel once you accept your offer of admission and pay your $250 non-refundable deposit.
- If you’re an international student, look out for information from International Student and Scholar Services and be sure to check your ConnectCarolina Student Center and upload any required documents.
After You Enroll
- Complete Required NCAA Form (Student-Athletes Only). To participate in NCAA athletics at Carolina, this step is required. You can access these forms in your enrollment checklist in MyCarolina.
- Set up your PIN. To help protect your privacy, you’ll set up a unique number that helps you connect with offices across campus.
- Honor code. If you’ve had any school-based disciplinary incidents or criminal charges, excluding any that have been expunged, since applying for admission, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official transcripts. By January 9, please provide official copies of your final transcripts. For first-year students this should include your high school transcript with your graduation date and transcripts for all college coursework. If you’ve earned an associate degree from a North Carolina community college, we’ll also need that final transcript with graduation date. View instructions in MyCarolina.
- Academic preparation (first-year students)
- Math placement. You’ll need to take testing before the end of high school to fulfill the math requirement and place into courses.
- Writing placement. All students will take English 105. Some students may want to take English 100 first. Choose the path that’s right for you.
- Language placement. See what language tests you’ll need to take to receive credit and place into language classes.
- Test scores. If you’d like college credit by exam, send us your official scores via the respective testing service ASAP. See if your scores qualify for credit.
- Sign up for Orientation. Orientation will take place on campus on January 7. You’ll receive an email with registration instructions.
- Apply for housing. If you have a disability or medical condition, you may request an accommodation through the Office of Accessibility Resources and Service.
- Sign up for your optional meal plan.
- Order your laptop. You’ll be required to have a laptop and can order one through the Carolina Computing Initiative.
- By December 15, submit your immunization and health history forms to UNC Campus Health.
- By January 31, waive or enroll in UNC student health insurance.